Discussion Questions for Sermon Series No Offense - Week 4
1. On a scale of 1–10, how much do you enjoy gardening or yard work?
2. Which part of this message was most impactful for you and why?
3. Read Hebrews 12:14-15. Why do you think Scripture compares bitterness to a root? All bitterness starts out as a hurt. The next time you feel angry or resentful, what can you do to prevent a seed of bitterness from being planted in your heart?
4. Hatred and holiness cannot coexist in the same heart. How could your bitterness be harming those around you? What can you do to let go of that bitterness and extend forgiveness instead?
5. Do you have an offense that has unknowingly taken root? How can you begin extending grace? Talk about ways your small group can help you during this process.
6. What would it look like to respond to offenses and bitterness with grace and forgiveness?
If you’re having a difficult time extending forgiveness, start by remembering the grace Jesus freely gives you.