Discussion Questions for Sermon Series Love Where You Live - Week 4
1. What has been the best thing about this 'Love Where You Live" series, for you? Please Explain
2. Does your view of God begin with His abundant mercy and great love? If not, why not?
3. READ EPHESIANS 2:1-9. Jon said, "Before Jesus, we were not just in danger hanging on to life by a thread, waiting on someone to throw us a life preserver. We were dead in the water, floating face down, needing to be resurrected." What do you think of this statement? Do you think it is accurate? Why or Why not?
4. How hard is it to get out of people's mind the concept that good works save us? Explain
5. How would you describe to someone who is searching for God, the idea of "grace through faith."?
6. Why is it important to affirm that salvation is not a joint effort between God and men, but that it is all of God? What is at stake?
7. Jon made this statement, "Stop looking at unchurched people through your churchy filter." Do you think this is important when it come to building relationships with people? Do you think failing to do this leads you to judge those around you?
8. How are we to be different? How are we to be in the world but not of the world? Can we still hang out and spend time with those who are rough around the edges without sacrificing who we are in Jesus?
9. Read Romans 5:8. What does this verse mean to you?
10. Jon said this statement, "DO EXPECT THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO SHOW MORE GRACE TO YOUR NEIGHBORS THAN YOU WILL EVER RECEIVE FROM THEM." Do you think this is true? How hard is this to accept?
11. What are some things we can to to love others where we live, work and play?
12. How can we as a group help you commit to loving your neighbors?