Discussion Questions for Sermon Series TIME OF YOUR LIFE #2
There never seems to be enough time to get it all done. How can we possibly accomplish all that we need to do? At the end of the day, week, or month there always important things left undone.
1. Jon describes the little rocks of life as the unimportant things that we allow to eat up our time. What are some of the little rocks in your life? Do you agree with the idea that culture baits us into pursuing the little rocks first?
2. What are the big rocks in your life? These things are the most important to you. Which big rocks do you currently have the hardest time fitting into your life?
3. Do you agree with the statement, “Priority determines capacity”?
4. Jon says that “Busyness is the enemy of intimacy.” How is busyness impacting your important relationships? With friends? With family? With God?
5. Read Matthew 6:31-32. What are your biggest worries? Do you believe that God knows your needs? What keeps you from letting go of your worries and fully trusting God?
6. Read Matthew 6:33. Is there evidence in your life that you are seeking God first? What makes it difficult to seek God first? What can you do this week to make God the big rock in your life?
Spend some time this week identifying your big rocks. Make a plan to prioritize your big rocks each day. Specifically, prioritize time with God this week by spending the first productive moments of your day with him.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33