Discussion Questions for Sermon Series Three Jars Week 1
When was a time that someone was super generous to you?
Read Matthew 6:31-34
1. Are you a saver or a spender? In what ways have you benefited from that tendency? In what ways has it created challenges for you?
2. How much do you value generosity toward those in need? Based on your current finances, to what extent are you able to prioritize generosity toward others? In what ways, if any, would you like your current level of generosity to change?
3. Read this Statement, “You can be completely out of debt with money in the bank and have driven off the edge financially.” Do you agree that you can be financially responsible but still have an unhealthy relationship with money? Why or why not?
4. Read Matthew 6:24. In what ways do you currently “serve money”? How do you think that affects your relationship with God? 5. On a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being, “I’d have to make few changes” and 10 being, “It feels impossible,” how difficult would it be to reprioritize your finances from “live, save, give” to “give, save, live”?
6. What is your best next step toward establishing a guardrail against greed by prioritizing giving? What is one thing you can do this week to begin to take that step? How can this group support you?