Week 5 Discussion:
1. If you could change one thing about the Christmas season, what would it be? Why?
2. Why do you think it's easier or more comfortable for people to think of Jesus as the Savior of all humanity than as their personal Savior?
3. Read John 3:16-17. In what ways does this passage reflect how God provided what we actually need instead of what we think we need?
4. During the message, Jon said, "Yes, 'God so loved the world,' be he loved the world one person at a time." Is that difficult for you to believe? Why or why not?
5. What cultural or political issues do you find yourself wishing God would step in and solve? How do you think that desire influences the quality of your relationship with God for good or bad?
6. In what areas of your life - career, family, finances - are you tempted to "believe that" about God rather than "trust in" him? What is one thing you can do this week to put your trust in your heavenly Father? How can this group support you?