Week 2 Discussion:
1. Talk about your favorite Christmas tradition from your family of origin. What did you like about it?
2. What are some things that distract you from God during the Christmas season? Why do you think it's so easy for us to lose sight of the true meaning of Christmas?
3. In what ways is Christmas different in your current family than in your family of origin? How intentional were you in establishing new Christmas traditions?
4. Read John 1:4-5. Is it difficult for you to believe that Jesus' light can overcome the darkness in your life? Why or why not?
5. What are some things complicating this Christmas season for you? How would your stress be reduced if you lived in the truth that Jesus is the life and light that overcomes darkness?
6. What is one thing you can do this week to continually remind yourself that Jesus is the life and light that overcomes darkness? What can this group do to support you?