Discussion Questions for Sermon Series Small Things, Big Difference, Week 2 Thoughts
Change your thinking by capturing destructive thoughts and then fixing your thoughts on spiritual things.
1. What destructive thoughts do you need to capture?
2. How have your destructive thoughts affected you?
3. What’s your one thought? How might your one thought relate to your one word?
4. Read and discuss Romans 12:2, 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, and Philippians 4:8-9
5. What do you think might be the cause of your destructive thoughts?
6. What kind of difference have you seen in your life when you focus your thoughts on spiritual things instead of destructive thoughts?
7. What ministry opportunities do you see around you? Which ones do you feel called to act upon?
8. Jon said that you’re an evangelist. It’s not what you do. It’s who you are. Are you living this out in your life? If so, how are you living it out?
9. What steps will you take to fix your thoughts on spiritual things?
Take steps to fix your thoughts on spiritual things and live out your one thought by reading and talking over the following Bible passages this week.
Day 1: Proverbs 23:7
Day 2: Romans 12:1-2
Day 3: 2 Corinthians 10:1-6
Day 4: Philippians 4:4-9
Day 5: Psalm 104:33-34
Day 6: Psalm 77:1-20
Day 7: Philippians 3:18-21