Discussion Questions for Sermon Series I'm In - Week 1
1. Have you ever broken a bone or seriously injured yourself? What did you learn through that experience?
2. Do you know anyone who makes a big difference behind the scenes? What do you think about them and the work they do? Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
3. You came to church for the first time at some point. What did you love about church that brought you back? How has your life been changed through the church?
4. Read 1 Corinthians 12:12-27. If you were one part of the human body, which part would best represent you?
5. You matter. Your story, voice, and gifts are all important. Do you believe this? Why or why not?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
6. What is your part in the body of Christ? What were you uniquely created to do?
7. Every part is important. How can your part in the church make a difference in this world?
8. Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Father, thank You for creating each of us with special gifts and giving each of us a role to play in Your good work. Help us to believe that we are each invaluable and guide us in using the gifts You’ve given us for Your glory. In Jesus’ name, amen.!
9. Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week. Consider how you could use the gifts and experiences God’s given you. How could you love, serve, or share with others?