Discussion Questions for Sermon “Who is Jesus.” (8.22.21)
1. Have you ever had an experience where you thought that you knew someone well but later learned that you were wrong about him/her? If so, how did that make you feel?
2. Read Matthew 16:13-15. What stands out to you?
3. What thoughts do you think were going through the minds of Jesus’ disciples when he asked the question in Verse 15?
4. In the message there were two examples of people/groups who have tried to redefine or discredit Jesus. What do you think was their motivation for doing that?
5. C.S. Lewis, in his book “Mere Christianity”, says that some people are “Ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher but do not accept His claim to be God." Why do you think it is difficult for some to accept Jesus’ claim?
6. The following question was presented in the message - “In our daily lives, is Jesus molding and shaping us, or are we molding and shaping him? In what ways do we try to mold and shape Jesus?
7. Read Luke 9:23. What does it mean to take up our cross daily?
8. How can this group help you accept Jesus for who he really is?