Small Group Questions for Guest Speaker Series Week 4 Blake Stockman
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my
yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will
find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30 NIV
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was
formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of
God was hovering over the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was
light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.
God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening,
and there was morning—the first day.
Genesis 1:1-5 NIV
1. Do you normally set New Year’s resolutions? If so, what’s one goal you have for 2023?
2. Which part of this message was most impactful for you and why?
3. Read Matthew 11:28-30. In what areas of your life do you feel like you could use some rest?
4. What does rest usually look like in your life? How could you build more rest into your daily, weekly, and seasonal rhythms?
5. Share some of the things God has already done for you. Practically, what would it look like to focus more on the goodness of God and what He’s done in order to find rest and start fresh?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Father, thank You for the endless ways You’ve provided and cared
for us. It’s easy to believe that we need to do more and work harder
to earn Your approval. But Your Word says, because of what
You’ve done, we’re already enough. Help us to live from this truth
so we can truly start fresh. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Think about some of the ways you find rest. Incorporate focusing
on the goodness of God during your times of rest this week and
see how it shifts your experience.
Consider how you could love others by serving on the weekend
or with a Local Mission Partner.