Sermon Series God With Us Week 1
In the Valley
“Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means 'God is with us.'”
Matthew 1:23 NLT
1. What parts of this message do you feel like you really needed to hear?
2. Read Psalm 139:7-10. What thoughts do these verses stir in you?
3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you think and live like God is always with you? Explain.
4. Blake talked about how we get to know God in the valleys. What have you learned about God in a valley?
5. When was the last time you slowed down and pursued God’s presence in a moment? What happened? How could you do this more often?
6. Talk about a difficult area in your life where you especially need to keep your mind fixed on God. How will you do it?
7. What you think about matters. What is some thinking you want to change?
8. God is with you. How can you draw near to Him during this season?