Small Group Questions for Sermon Series Elijah Week 3
1. Read James 4:6b, 10…God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble...Humble yourselves
before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
When is a time that you felt completely humbled before God? Why do you think God loves a humble heart?
2. Read 1 Kings 18:43 "Go and look toward the sea," he told his servant. And he went up and
looked. "There is nothing there," he said… Read James 4:2b...You do not have, because you do not ask God.
What is the most persistent thing you have ever asked God for? How did God answer your prayer?
3. Read James 5:16b The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. Read Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have
received it, and it will be yours.
When have you believed God was going to come through right after you prayed? When is a time God revealed his glory to you through a prayer?
4. What specific prayer do you need to bring before God?
5. What is one prayer that you have consistently prayed? If there is not one, who or what must you commit to praying for?