Small Group Question for The Playbook Week 2
Read John 1:1-5
1. How would having a playbook for life, a game reel, and constant guidance change the way you live, think, and act?
2. According to the sermon, how does Jon describe Jesus as "the Word" or "the logos"? Why is this concept significant?
3. Jesus is the source of power for human life, beauty, and productivity. How does this relate to your understanding of Jesus as "the Word"?
4. What do you think it means for the Bible to be described as "God-breathed" in 2 Timothy 3:16? How does this impact your view of Scripture?
5. The sermon emphasizes that there is one author of the Bible, which is God. How does this unity of authorship shape the message of the Bible?
6. Read Matthew 5:17, Jesus says He has come not to abolish the Law but to fulfill it. How does this statement affect your perception of Jesus and His relationship with the Old Testament?
7. How can we ensure that we hear and follow the instructions from God and His Spirit rather than what everyone else is saying or thinking?
8. The sermon describes the Bible as our playbook for life. How do you personally use the Bible as a guide in your daily life?
9. Read Romans 12:2, how does renewing your mind through scripture reading impact your life and your ability to see situations differently?
10. The focus of our lives should be Jesus, and when our focus is on Him, He leads us to the future He has for us. How can we practically apply this principle to our lives?