Small Group Discussion Questions for Sermon Series The Gift Week 2
1. What’s the most unusual Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
2. What’s the longest distance you’ve ever traveled for the holidays? Do you like big holiday trips?
3. Lots of things can cause us to wander from God—stress, lack of rest, desire for approval, etc. What is something that causes you to wander? How so?
4. Read Isaiah 53:3-11. What stands out to you from this passage? How does knowing what Jesus did for you influence the way you live?
5. Read Luke 9:22-23. What would it look like for you to deny yourself and take up your cross daily?
6. What are some practical ways you can take up your cross and follow Christ this week?
7. Who can you share the love of Jesus with this week? Who could you invite to Christmas services with you?
8. Start praying. Pray and ask God to show you a way you could pick up your cross and follow Him this week. Also, pray for those you’re inviting to church with you.
Father, thank You for Your Son’s sacrifice. Thank You for His willingness to come to earth to pay the price we never could. This Christmas, help us to keep in mind not just His birth but also His saving work for us all. Give us the strength to pick up our own crosses and follow You daily. In Jesus’ name, amen.